Welcome to Pit Pride!
Our organization started as a festival and has grown into a collaborative and supportive village,dedicated to being a resource for everything Pit Bull! Please join us as we Educate, Advocate and Support and celebrate these amazing dogs.
The key to ending discrimination is education, and in the case of pitbulls, having knowledge ensures you have the power in all situations.
Some facts about the Pit Bull:
- In the U.S., Pit Bulls were originally used as catch dogs for semi-wild cattle and hogs, to hunt, to drive livestock and as family companions.
- The United Kennel Club (UKC) was the first registry to recognize the American Pit Bull Terrier, in 1898.
- American Pit Bull Terriers constitute the majority of dogs forced into illegal dog fighting in the U.S. Animal advocates consider dog fighting to be one of the most serious forms of animal abuse, not only for the violence that the dogs endure during and after the fights, but because of the suffering they often endure in training.
- A Pit Bull's loyalty, courage, and strength makes the breed ideal for a family pet, search and rescue tasks, herding, guarding, and assisting the physically challenged.
- 50% of all dogs in the United States today are labeled as Pit Bulls.
- 40% of all dogs in animal sheltres today are classified as bully breeds. Bully breeds include 12 different breeds of dogs from the Boston Terrier all te way to the Neapolitan Mastiff.
- 86.8% of the American Pit Bull Terriers have passed their temperament tests according to the AITS (American Temperament Test Society, Inc.).
Learn more and find informational links about this misunderstood breed here.
We will have live music, open bar, food, a costume contest, cocktail menu and much more!!!
Thursday, October 31st @ 7pm-12am
581 Himes Ave, Frederick, MD 21703
contact information: addresses of the different locations, phone numbers, emails, etc.